The Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone (JAFZA) is one of the many free trade zones maintained in the United Arab Emirates. It is one of the most popular business centres worldwide for its attractive business opportunities. The free trade zones in UAE are primarily built to cater to foreign investors in UAE as they provide easy access to the business ecosystem of UAE and also offers numerous licenses for different types of company formation in Dubai.
Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA)
Located at the far western end of Dubai, JAFZA has made a significant shift in the growth record of 294.5 billion Dh, a 17% rise in the non-oil industries. As a result, Jebel Ali Free Zone offers an extensive opportunity for companies to develop their business foundation. Formed in 1985, the zone is a significant trade and logistics centre in Dubai today.
Steps You Must Follow to Obtain a License in Jebel Ali Free
● Fill up the application form.
● After the approval of the proposal, the authority will issue an initial business license.
● Find a ready-to-use office space from the JAFZA region.
● After the contract is settled, the lease papers are issued.
● Legal documents for company registration should be completed after the office allotment is done.
● Submit the same documents with authority for free zones.
● You will get your license within 2-4weeks of application.
● Open a bank account.
Necessary Documents to Obtain a License in Jebel Ali Free Zone
Essentials documents you must send to concerned authorities to begin the process of license issuance from JAFZA:-
● Application for business facilities at Jebel Ali Free Zone region
● Passports of investors and managers
● Bank specification of each person
● Project details
● Profile of the parent company (in thecase of a branch office)
● Application for Registration for a FreeZone Business (FZCO)
● All necessary documents for Free Zone Establishment (FZE) Registration
● A non-refundable investment of Dh 500
Steps to Renew License in Jebel Ali Free Zone
● The renewal fee of the Jebel Ali free zone license is the same as the registration of the JAFZA corporation.
● You do not need to enter Jebel Ali Free Zone to renovate your business.
● Carry your company’s audit report during the time of business renewal. Auditing done only by the authorised and approved firm by the UAE is valid.
● The license can be extended for three years for businesses holding a land plot and sublease plant.
JAFZA is one of the best destinations for businesses in Dubai. You will need to follow all the above steps to start a business and sustain yourself in this region. We recommend you hire a business setup consultant in Dubai for hassle-free trade licensing and license renewal services. A professional business setup and company formation agent can help you in the entire process of obtaining a license conveniently. Professional help is always far better than worrying and delaying the process and complicating it due to lack of guidance.